" The purchase is certainly no bargain. "
- Benn Steil
Purchase department of organizations are entrusted with the responsibility of procurements. Irrespective of the type of purchase, the main objective of the department remains to procure material/services and make it available on time. For this purpose, it works closely with various vendors asking for and comparing quotations, negotiating and awarding contracts at the best value.
Purchases can be of raw material, bought outs, capital goods, services, consumables and more. But in a manufacturing unit, material procurement for manufacturing is the most active and critical part of the long chain of production. With material requirement plan in place and production schedules made, the next big step is to procure the required materials on time ensuring smooth production.
One of the largest modules of IMMS, Purchase integrates closely with the Planning, Production, Stores and Finance modules for efficient purchase management. It caters to a wide range of purchase requirements of a manufacturing company while giving utmost importance to authorizations. Appropriate flags are raised instantly once an Indent or Purchase Order is created or authorized. A relevant reporting system with a huge set of criteria selection completes the Purchase Module
Purchase Order generation (General Purchase Order, Service Purchase Order, Blanket Purchase Order)
- General Purchase Orders
- Option to generate four types of General Purchase Orders
- Capital Goods
- Acceptance of Inquiries for Purchase directly, against an Indent or for Services.
- Accepts Direct Inquiries for multiple vendors and multiple items.
- Multiple Quotations can be maintained and Compared against an Inquiry.
- Generation of Purchase Orders from existing Indents. Authorized and pending Indents are available for a particular combination of Vendor, Warehouse and Rate Structure. Additional option to consider only those items which have preferred vendor.
- If Indent is not needed for an item, preparing Purchase Orders without indenting them first.
- Generation of Purchase Orders for internal operations as well as sub-contracting works.
- Records Operation and its Rate for an item for sub-contracting works.
- For in house operations, open Work Orders for the item are available to choose from.
- Maintenance of Labour Rate Contracts with the history of previous Rates, PO quantity and previously Received Quantity of items.
- Maintains till what date the Labour Rate Contract is valid after which the GRN can not be made.
- Purchase Order contains item Delivery Schedule, Payment Schedule and other Terms and Conditions.
- Authorization of Purchase Orders prevents them from being altered.
- Amendments possible in existing Purchase Order only if it is authorized and physically printed.
- Once a physical print out is taken, it is not possible to un authorize a Purchase Order.
- History of all amendments maintained with their unique Serial Numbers.
- Option to authorize Purchase Order amendments.
- Option to Short Close, Cancel or Hold a Purchase Order and reflecting details in subsequent reports.
- Allows Short Closure and Hold only if some quantity is received against the Purchase Order.
- Holding of Purchase Order possible only if none of the items received are pending for quality check.
- Option to Reopen Purchase Order on Hold.
- Option to Close a Purchase Order.
- Generation of a new Purchase Order from an existing one to avoid repetitive data entry.
Reporting system of Purchase Module
- Pending PO Report
- Indent Track Report
- Suppliers Monitoring Register
- Item Below Minimum Level
- Delivery Overdue Report
- Estimate Vs Actual Price Report
- Action to be Taken Report